Monday, June 02, 2008

Long time no post...

"Who knows where I might find myself in a few years..." I posted that in my last post in January. A lot has changed since then. We bought our own place, a 3 bedroom terraced house, in February. We moved in just last week, it´s been a rocky road but we finally made it. It´s not over tho, we still have some financial issues to deal with the seller. There was a damp floor in the bathroom and sauna, also one wall between bathroom and sauna. It´s all dried and fixed now. It was stressfull, but we were lucky to have the old place to live in while the floor dried. The whole process has been a total disaster. NOTHING`S gone as planned. Not one thing. At some point I wasn´t even surprised anymore when something didn´t go the way it should´ve, not even the second time. I guess it was worth all the stressing and bitching... :D We basically renovated everything here. Only doors are old, but looking good with a bit of paint. :) The place is awesome, that´s the only thing that went as planned. ;) we just haven´t had time to enjoy it yet...hoping things will cool down soon.

I´ve been off work for the past three weeks, my first holiday in almost two years. I´m not sure I´d call this a holiday. I´ve done nothing but cleaning and organizing for the past weeks and it seems endless. I´m going back to work tomorrow, to a new ward. I´ve worked there before but it´s a lot different than where I´ve worked after graduating... Nervous, but it´s good to get away from all the cleaning and drilling... :)

H´s grandma died two weeks ago, the funeral is next Saturday... I have the whole weekend off from work so driving so far won´t be a problem... Looks like sun is showing its lovely face again, I´m out for some exercise.

1 Comments:

At 20 September, 2008 22:15, Blogger kimmyk said...

wow. you're back...sort of.

then gone again.

sorry to hear about H's grandma. I take it things are good with H now?

Congrats on buying your home. I hope ya get all the lil' quirks figured out.

Don't be a stranger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

* *