Saturday, January 27, 2007

This year didn´t start as well as it should have. I finally got a little longer employment contract at the hospital, worked only one shift and got a bad stomach flu (still assuming it was just a stomach flu since the symptoms were so much alike with other nurses...) And then last Friday I had a terrible pain in my upper stomach and back, looked like it was a bilious attack... Well, it wasn´t. I had an abdominal ultrasound done and it was clear. The doctors noticed I had abnormal liver test results. They were very high, first doubled in less than five hours. I was admitted to hospital at that point... And they doubled again being way over 1000 (normal under 45) the next morning... Didn´t look too good but the pain had gone away. I didn´t really even have symptoms, I was just very tired and felt heavy.. They took a lot of blood and ran a lot of tests which haven´t all been answered yet... Then on Sunday they suddenly started to drop, all by themself. I hadn´t been given any medicine. Then they had dropped even more on Monday when I was released from the hospital. Some of the results, like bilirubin, had dropped back to normal level.. And now, only a week after the numbers were very scary, only one test was still too high..going down slow but steady. :)

So last weekend was scary as hell. And the days before yesterday when I had to wait to get more blood tests taken to know if they still continued to drop. And, the other good news is that the doctor said it was very likely caused by natural products which I can never ever take again. Have you ever heard of valeriana? Helps you sleep. Almost for eternity... I don´t even want to think what would´ve happened if they hadn´t noticed it and I still would´ve continued taking it..especially since the results changed so rapidly. The doctor said that there might just be more than one reason for this..considering all the changes that´s been going on in my body lately. Might just remain a mystery... Let´s just keep our fingers crossed. :)

2 Comments:

At 29 January, 2007 04:16, Blogger kimmyk said...

I hope you're feeling ok. Stress?

 
At 09 February, 2007 18:47, Blogger Nimuel said...

Hui! Järkkyä. Toivottavasti olet nyt ok. Annahan kuulua itsestäsi taas kun inspaa kirjoittaa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

* *