Thursday, November 09, 2006

I´ve got a job. It´s temporary but it´s better than nothing. I like it very much, it´s hard as hell but I think I´ve done good. :) It´s been hard to step out of the student role, this is the first I work in a hospital ward after graduation. I´m not allowed to give the patients IV-meds but I guess I´ll have the test soon to have the permission. I´m scared that I won´t pass it... Like I´ve forgotten most of the things. There are so many things you need to know. I´ve had only morning shifts, today was the third... It´s a familiar ward, I know most of the nurses. I had been there less than a minute the first morning when the first male nurse mentioned about my weightloss. It´s nice when people notice but I don´t want everything to revolve around it. I´ve seen only one of my classmates, worked with her yesterday.. was nice.

I honestly don´t remember the last time I`ve felt this tired. It would be nice to have a few evening shifts too.. wouldn´t always have to wake up at 5.30am. Can´t complain tho.. i get good money, my taxes are low since I haven´t worked much this year yet. :) Will have to change the % later this year tho. Time to start making the dinner... Ugh.

3 Comments:

At 10 November, 2006 04:03, Blogger kimmyk said...

After a while you'll get use to the early hours. I get up every morning at 5 and can't imagine sleeping in anymore.

Glad to hear you're doing something you like though. That's a bonus.

 
At 11 November, 2006 12:03, Blogger greensatya said...

Yeah, it feels so good to have a job.

 
At 12 November, 2006 15:40, Blogger Iona said...

It would be nice to have a job,.. I'm stuck at Finnish language course at the moment. Well, congrats anyway, on your temporary job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

* *