Wednesday, August 09, 2006

There hasn´t been much going on in my life this summer. I don´t know where the time went but I just realized it´s August and I´m still on vacation. I needed this. But to tell you the truth I´m done staying home. There are several reasons why I haven´t started working yet but the main reason right now is that I wanted to concentrate on the diet and exercise 100%. And I think I`ve done a pretty good job, BUT... There´s always a but, there shouldn´t be because losing 39 pounds is something I never thought I´d do in such a short period of time. It´s so much easier to work when you´re physically in a better shape. There are so many things that are easier to do now than they were 4 months ago. The but is that I´m not where I wanted to be at this time of the summer. Maybe my goal was set too high, I don´t know but I´m not quite there, for now. Maybe I´m being too hard on myself, maybe I´m not giving myself the time. Maybe I want too much too fast. My last and final goal is months and months away...and if I start staring at it too much I will only be anxious and lose my motivation instead of the weight I still need to lose.

What was your reason to start losing weight? And how do you think your life will or has changed since?

I went out with my sister last weekend. We have never done that before. N-E-V-E-R. And we´re going again this weekend. We went to a concert, which was quite good... And there´s a band playing next weekend also. One of my favourite bands, can hardly wait. This is one of the things that have changed since last summer and all the others before that... I go out more, to see people. I´m done hiding. I also go alone. H doesn´t go with me, it´s just me and the girls. He´s been working a lot this summer and he also enjoys the time alone. I don´t usually even ask if he wants to come or not... This summer has been good for us, maybe because we haven´t spent so much time together. You know, I read somewhere that when a woman starts losing weight and her sexlife gets better, it encourages the woman in the process of reaching the goal weight. Amen! ;)

3 Comments:

At 10 August, 2006 00:10, Blogger kimmyk said...

First of all, congrats on losing 39 pounds! That's pretty impressive. I bet your plateauing right now and soon it will start falling off again. Good for you!

Nice to hear you and your sister had a good time. My sister and I useta be close, but not anymore. It's been three months since we've spoken...and I'm ok with that.

 
At 11 August, 2006 12:11, Blogger Tigre said...

Good job on losing that weight! ow get your ass out there and enjoy the world! This is your world and their world too, and you're given one lifetime to enjoy it. You can avoid it, and live in it

 
At 14 August, 2006 15:54, Blogger greensatya said...

Wow, losing 39 pounds is great !!

This has been a terrific summer this year in Finland, good that you are enjoying it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

* *